YOU CAN HELP
PET CARE AND EDUCATION
CLICK HERE TO TO DONATE TO THE Shelbyville-Bedford County Human Association!
Shelbyville-Bedford County Humane Association
YOU CAN HELP
There are many ways you can help SBCHA.
1. Become a volunteer:Volunteers are always needed in many various areas. If you are interested in helping with adoptions, building maintenance, pet education, public relations, fundraising, record keeping, spay/neuter, shelter duties or fostering animals call SBCHA at 684-Kind or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Become a foster home:Because our space is limited at the shelter, SBCHA still relies on foster homes to lend a helping hand. These homes have been invaluable over the years and have helped countless numbers of animals from a probability of suffering a terrible fate..
3. Donate money:Monetary donations are always welcome and go a long way in helping out with monthly expenses. Pay Pal is now available by clicking on the specified area on this website or through petfinder.org for those who want this option. Others can contact the organization by calling 684-KIND, e-mailing email@example.com or by letter at P.O. Box 391, Shelbyville, TN 37162. Memorials and honorariums can also be paid at this address. Please include name and address of person for memorial or honorarium card to be sent and from whom.
4. Donate items:Items are always needed either at the shelter or for fundraising events.
-Dry puppy food
. Advantix II (large dog)
. Frontline Plus (cats)
-Bank of cages
5. Attend fundraising events: Support SBCHA by attending fundraising events throughout the year. There are various events posted throughout the year on this site. And each fall we hold a family pet day, Celebration Pet Day. This year it will be held on Sat. Sept. 19, 2015 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Bedford County Ag Center, 2119 Midland Rd. Shelbyville, TN 37160.
Our "Fall Lights" Wine Tasting and Social will be held Nov. 7, 2015 from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Blue Ribbon Circle. Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 at the door.
2008 marked our 30th year helping animals. We celebrated by having additional events throughout the year. Adoptions were great in '08. We did even better in the years that followed. 2011, 12 and 13 were each better than the next. 2013 marked our 35th year helping animals. In 2014, we adopted out 100 dogs and 15 cats. 2015, will be a busy year, again.
Bissell Foundation gives grants to animal welfare agencies. SBCHA is a partners by pets member. www.bissellfoundation.org
Pedigree Foundation Grants
Join the Kroger Community Rewards Program to help us. It's easy! Just go to www.kroger.com/ and register your Kroger card. Put SBHCA as the nonprofit you wish to support, and a portion of your purchase cost will be donated to us.
Three Easy Steps:
2. Shop online at any of the 600+ stores in the Mall at iGive.com. Youíll see all your favorites, including Landsí End, Barnes & Noble, Dell, Expedia, and JCPenney!
3. SBCHA receives a check for up to 26% of each purchase!
Itís free, itís easy, and every purchase you make generates a donation to SBCHA.
Search the web with http://www.goodsearch.com/and money from Yahoo advertisers will go to SBCHA without you spending a dime! GoodSearch is a search engine which donates 50-percent of its revenue to the charities and schools designated by its users. It's a simple and compelling concept. You use GoodSearch exactly as you would any other search engine. Because itís powered by Yahoo!, you get proven search results. The money GoodSearch donates to your cause comes from its advertisers ó the users and the organizations do not spend a dime! Every time you search the internet SBCA will receive one penny. This doesnít seem like a lot, but if 100 people searched twice daily using GoodSearch in a yearís time SBCHA would receive $730, with 1000 people searching twice a day it would generate about $7300 yearly.
Go to http://www.goodsearch.com/and verify SBCHA as your cause by entering Shelbyville-Bedford County Humane Association.
Kuranda Dog Beds
Except where otherwise noted, all content copyright 2007-2008 Shelbyville-Bedford County Humane Association